Sunday, February 4

I'm back.. with a bracket projection

I've decided to return to blogging by giving me a reason to sign on every week -- a bracket projection each Sunday. Although it would usually make more sense to do on Mondays, I don't have time.

I was trying to decide whether to make this based on who I would pick versus who the committee will pick. I went with the former because if anyone ever reads this I think it's more fun to debate.

With that caveat I put in Northern Iowa because they are my favorite team, but otherwise I would have likely given the slot to West Virginia.

So here's the first weekly pick:

South:
1. Florida (#1 seed)
16. Jackson St./Weber St.
8. Arizona
9. Missouri St.
5. Boston College
12. New Mexico St.
4. Indiana
13. Toledo
6. Creighton
11. Virginia Commonwealth
3. Marquette
14. Pennsylvania
7. Notre Dame
10. Clemson
2. Kansas
15. Austin Peay

East
1. N. Carolina (#4 overall
16. E. Tennessee St.
8. BYU
9. Michigan State
5. Oklahoma State
12. Massachusetts
4. Memphis
13.Winthrop
6. Virginia
11. Arkansas
3. Oregon
14. Vermont
7. Gonzaga
10. Kansas State
2. Ohio State
15. Bucknell

Midwest
1. Wisconsin (#2 overall)
16. Sacred Heart
8. Tennessee
9. UNLV
5. Southern Illinois
12. Florida State
4. Washington State
13. Appalachian State
6. Vanderbilt
11. Texas Tech
3. Butler
14. Oakland
7. Virginia Tech
10. USC
2. Pittsburgh
15. Marist

West
1. UCLA (#3 overall)
16. Northwestern State
8. Georgetown
9. Maryland
5. Kentucky
12. Marist
4. Air Force
13. Western Kentucky
6. Nevada
11. Villanova
3. Duke
14. Long Beach State
7. Stanford
10. Alabama
2. Texas A & M
15. Delaware State

My pick for the Final Four - Florida, Wisconsin, Air Force and the upset pick is Arkansas.

No comments: